Emeritus Professor of Sociology, Emeritus Fellow of Nuffield College
Research Areas: Social Mobility, Class and Educational Opportunity, Nationalism and Identity.
Member of Research Streams
- Comparative sociology
- Political sociology and social movements
Latest working papers
- Is ethnicity or religion more important in explaining inequalities in the labour market?
- Who Feels British
- Preliminary Report: Social Factors in Admission to the University of Oxford
- Explaining Differences in Attitudes Towards Regional Devolution in England
- Social Identities and Political Cleavages: The Role of Political Context
- State and Private Schools in England and Wales